Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Housing Of The Enslaved Part 1 At The Hermitage


Part 1


These pictures were taken specifically for research for my papers. However, you can get some great information from them. I will upload in parts because I took quite a bit. Even though you can see them on the page here, I highly recommend that you visit The Hermitage: Home of President Andrew Jackson

The papers on which I used these pictures can be seen here

Picture links

Original Hermitage house turned into slave housing


Back of the Original Hermitage

Duplex that belonged to Alfred Jackson










"A photographer Captured this image of the one-story farmhouse and kitchen slave cabin shortly after the Civil War.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Great T-Shirts and More!


See other gifts available on Zazzle.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...